15 de mayo de 2012

TWD/BWJ: Walnut Sticky Rolls/Panecillos pegajosos de nueces

OH.MY.GOD. I can't believe I almost didn't make this recipe.

OH.MY.GOD. This is brilliant!


I was supposed to be starting with the sticky rolls yesterday. Yep. That didn't happen. I went to have dinner with my boyfriend instead. So today I woke up, knowing that the recipe was going to take long. Yes, but not THAT long. I started at about 10 a.m. and I just finished now at 22:00 p.m. of course I did things in between and I always chose the shortest time for the dough to rise, if the recipe stated between 30 or 45 minutes I would always go for the 30, if it said let it rest for 4 or 6 hours or overnight, I chose 4 hours... But I made it, I finished on time and I can now proudly present my Walnut (I didn't have pecans) Sticky Rolls.

I don't have a mixer so I had to use my hands, you can imagine the amount of strength I had to put for the dough to come together... but it did, and I'm so happy!!!!

Seriously this is HEAVEN (and another reason for not starting my diet yet)!!! Yes, I'm having a piece right now

BUTTER, LOTS of BUTTER but just SO DAMN GOOD!!!!

You can see the recipe here and here, seriously, TRY IT!!!!



DIOS.MIO. No puedo creerme que casi no he hecho esta receta

DIOS.MIO. Esto es genial!!!

Supuestamente tenía que empezar con los panecillos pegajosos (es esa la traducción adecuada??). Ya. No ocurrió. Me fui a celebrar que había acabado con mi tesina con mi novio!!! Así que hoy me levanté, sabiendo que la receta me iba a llevar mucho tiempo. Si, pero no TANTO tiempo. He empezado a las 10 por la mañana y acabo de acabar un poco antes de las 10 de la noche, por supuesto que hice cosas entre medias y siempre escogí el tiempo mas corto de reposo para que la masa subiera. Pero lo conseguí, acabé a tiempo y ahora puedo presentaros mis panecillos pegajosos de nueces.



No tengo una máquina mezcladora (o como se diga) así que tuve que utilizar mis manos para amasar, os podéis imaginar la cantidad de fuerza que tuve que hacer para que la masa quedase bien... pero lo logré!!!! Soy tan feliz!!!

En serio, esto es el PARAÍSO (y otra confirmación de que no voy a empezar con mi operación bikini por el momento)!!!! Si, me estoy comiendo un trozo ahora mismo.

MANTEQUILLA, MUCHA MANTEQUILLA, pero TAN BUENO!!!!

Podéis ver la receta aquí y aquí, serioen inglés, en serio, PROBARLA!!!

27 comentarios:

  1. I passed on this recipe. Reading through the recipe sounded like a lot of work and you did it by hand! In one day! You are amazing! Your rolls look wonderful. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Congrats on getting this done so quickly! I second your OMG…these were wonderfully delicious! Yours look absolutely delectable!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You worked hard for these, so I´m glad you loved them! I had the same reaction by the way, and thought I had gone a bit overboard in my post... now there´s two of us! Great pictures!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I am impressed that you made this dough by hand = I am glad to hear you enjoyed them. You deserved to love them after all that work!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. wow, not only did you do this entire recipe in one day but you mixed the dough by hand? You are a super baker! You need some sort of super-hero cape for that feat! I am totally impressed. Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I'm so glad you ended up making this!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I can't believe you almost skipped these either, that would have been horrific. Everyone needs to eat these at least once. And I agree that doing this without a mixer should earn you some kind of award! They look delicious and I can imagine they were.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. That is such a long time to be cooking the one thing but the fact that you could do that and still say it was worth it, really does meant that this must be an awesome dish. I love the look of these and I think having them come out of the oven all warm and sticky and smelling amazing would be too much for me to be able to resist. Great result Mireia xx

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I'm glad you did them! Also, I'm so impressed you used your hands. Go you!!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. wow mireia.. u did it on the same day... made the dough by hand.. very impressive... but arent you glad you made them!! you just cant miss a recipe like this!!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. The bathing season is coming, so it may have done your arm-muscles-toning good :-)
    You are amazing! They look perfect!
    Did you manage to open your exams book between one rise and the other?
    All the best!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. A fellow hand knead-er! well done on making them. Good that you enjoyed it!

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Yay - good for you, that was a gargantuan effort. Your rolls look fab - glad all that hard work paid off.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. These look much better than the cold bowl of cereal staring me in the face! Amazingly fluffy and tender looking baked treats, Mireia. Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Glad you made them! They look fantastic!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Wow that sounds like a lot of work but so worth it! it looks super fluffy. hats off to you for doing it in one day

    ResponderEliminar
  17. It did take a long time, but it was worth it!

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Es que ese es el tema con la levadura, toma tiempo por las levadas, pero vale la pena, por lo menos estos panecillos se ven espectaculares y ya me imagino chupándome los dedos después de meterme uno de estos en la boca.

    ResponderEliminar
  19. I'm impressed that you did these without a mixer-beautiful results !

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Hi and greetings from California. I am a first time visitor. Of course your recipe had me at "LOTS of BUTTER". I'm glad that you made the decision to do these. they look so delicious. And you are an example that hard work does indeed pay off in the end. Bravo Mireia!
    I write a blog about food and my reflections on life and relationships. Please visit. Maybe follow. That would be cool.

    ResponderEliminar
  21. It does look stunning. I checked the recipes and its great amount of stirring.

    ResponderEliminar
  22. I am so glad you did them!! Aren't they just the best!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  23. Your buns look delicious. I too am glad you were able to make them...and on time! We have to hook you up with pecans for the next pecan recipe. Let me know if you are interested. Great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  24. I didn't make these this week, but good for you for finding the time and making them by hand! They look great. So glad that you enjoyed them.

    ResponderEliminar
  25. i love the fluffy pastry with nuts :) looks so delicious there upon each bite!

    Latest: Largest Pizza in Town

    ResponderEliminar
  26. Esta claro que mis comentarios son poco objetivos. Y creo que esta claro que me comeria todo lo que has puesto en el blog (aunque muchas cosas si me las he comido ^^ ). Mireia yo abandono de por vida la operación biquini, la dieta dukan, la de la alcachofa... ¡Por ser tu PINCHE! :) ¿tendré sorpresa este finde?

    ResponderEliminar