28 de enero de 2014

TWD: Vanilla Chiffon Cake/Brazo de gitano de vainilla

This cake was ok but not amazing, I mean, the cake was tender and the chocolate mousse was good too but it just lacked something. I wouldn't make again and again. Maybe I'll try the cake with whipped cream next time...

In case you want to see the recipe you can find it in the book Baking With Julia.


Este brazo de gitano está rico pero no era increíble. El pastel era tierno y el mousse de chocolate estaba bueno pero simplemente le faltaba algo, no lo haría una y otra vez. Quizás la próxima vez intentaré hacer el pastel con nata...

La receta se puede encontrar en el libro Baking With Julia, no la traduzco porque en mi opinión no merece la pena.


10 comentarios:

  1. Beautiful! I'll make the cake again, but will try it with a different filling next time. Something strawberry would be great, I think.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I wouldn't make it again either but it was an interesting exercise. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Esta rico, si! Love reading the Spanish equivalent of the English version :) I liked the mousse and not so much the cake.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I actually loved the mousse and thought the cake was very good. Yours looks beautiful!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Your roll looks good. I quite liked the cake even though mine would have done with more baking. For the filling will try strawberries with cream the next time round.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. It looks beautiful!

    This went over well with the chocolate lover in my house, but I couldn't get as excited about it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Glad you tried it...sorry you didn't love it. But it does look absolutely beautiful!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. The cake is definitely a keeper. I can see it filled with lemon curd, or Ice Cream!!
    Looks so pretty on that plate.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I thought the same thing - that it needed maybe a sauce of sorts to accompany it. Then again, I did forget to add the heavy cream...

    ResponderEliminar